DSA Quarterly DataTracker Performance Checker
DSA’s DataTracker Performance Checker is designed to provide participating direct selling companies with timely, up-to-date information on how they, and their peer groups, are performing in the marketplace. Developed exclusively for DSA members, DSA’s quarterly DataTracker survey measures net sales, new recruits, order size and number of orders processed each quarter and year-to-date. Additionally, it assesses quarterly changes in salesforce dropout rate and salesforce productivity, and reports on companies’ sales expectations for the upcoming quarter.
Because some companies may not wish to reveal actual sales and/or recruiting figures, DataTracker deals in percentages only, making it easy for any company – public or private – to respond. At the same time, the questionnaire is just one page – again, easy to respond to and return. Members may complete the DataTracker questionnaire online or in hard copy using the forms DSA provides.
DataTracker is conducted quarterly in the six weeks following the close of each quarter; i.e., Q1 survey is conducted in April, Q2 in July, Q3 in October and Q4 in January. View the DataTracker schedule for the current year.
All DSA direct selling members are eligible to participate in DSA’s DataTracker Performance Checker. Quarterly DataTracker results are provided only to those companies that participate in the service during any given quarter. Each DataTracker results report is distributed to all executives of record who are affiliated with participating firms.
How to Participate
Members: DSA members can participate in any quarter DataTracker by using the questionnaire template. You can also indicate your desire to participate in DataTracker or change your company’s DataTracker contact.
Nonmember direct selling companies: DSA membership is required to participate in DSA's Quarterly DataTracker. Request a membership application.
Return on Your Investment
- Each DataTracker results report includes information on key performance measures within direct selling companies including net sales, new recruits, order size and orders processed. View a sample report.
- It also reports on direct seller turnover rate and salesforce productivity (net sales per direct seller).
- In addition, the report compares direct selling’s results with selected U.S. economic indicators.
- In addition to aggregate numbers for all participating companies broken out by sales volume (under $1 million, $1 to $10 million, $10 to $100 million and over $100 million), you can also review performance broken out by sales approach (party plan/group demonstration/classes vs. person-to-person/door-to-door/individual party plan vs. person-to-person) and compensation structure (single level vs. multilevel).
- Respondents also report on their prediction on sales results expected during the next quarter.
- Each DataTracker report contains an easily understood Glossary of Terms for data reported in each issue.
- Lastly, DataTracker also reports actual, unidentified responses so that participants can evaluate and gauge the relative impact of large positive or negative responses on the overall results reported.
Report Availability to Nonparticipants
- DataTracker reports are not available to non-participating members for one year following initial publication.
- DataTracker reports are not available to companies that are not DSA members.
Suggest a New Question or Area of Inquiry for DSA’s Quarterly DataTracker Performance Checker
What is it you’d like to know that you don’t see in current DataTracker reports? To better serve you, you can make input regarding additional questions you would like to see included in upcoming party plan research by completing the survey question request form.