8:45 – 10:45 a.m.
General Session IV
How to Build Your Business for Buy-In
There's nothing more frustrating than being a direct sales leader in charge of sharing new products, rolling out new comp plans, hyping new leadership, advocating for new trends- and having your initiative fall on deaf ears. What goes wrong? Why DON’T you get the buy-in you know you need to take your momentum to the next level? In this practical and energizing keynote, 25-year message strategist, change communication expert, and former TEDx executive producer Tamsen Webster will show you how to get people invested, literally and figuratively, in the future you foresee. How? By crafting your communications around the most motivating of messages: the stories they already believe.
After this keynote you’ll be able to:
- Understand why challenging people's beliefs is the enemy of intrinsic motivation, and what to do instead
- Clearly and quickly identify who is, and isn’t, an ideal fit for your ideas, initiatives, and offers—and why—so you can focus your efforts where they’ll have the greatest effect
- Follow a framework for simplifying them to their most important, and irresistible, elements and building in buy-in from the beginning
Tamsen Webster, Message Design Expert, Idea Strategist, and Author
3 Strategies to Improve Your Company Journey: Stand Up. Stand Together. Stand Out.
Brian Gill, Chief Marketing Officer, 4Life
Building Trust and Articulating a Credible Vision for the Future
Economic anxiety, misinformation and disinformation has brought us to where we are today. With this expanded range of influences on your reputation, what can be done? Lean in!
Our panel of experts discuss real-world trust challenges and evolving market practices to help you:
- Learn which corporate strategies contribute to understanding and managing trust, but few companies do in practice,
- Improve direct selling practice, performance and the future of the channel.
Dr. Kent Grayson, Associate Professor of Marketing, Bernice and Leonard Lavin Professorship, Northwestern University
DSEF Fellow Dr. Anne Coughlan, Polk Bros. Chair in Marketing and Professor of Marketing Emerita, Northwestern University
Becoming an Influencer Among Influencers
Julie Masters, Strategist, Speaker, CEO of Influence Nation, iTunesTop 50 Podcast