DSA will continue to practice measures for DSA Engage 2021 attendee safety based on guidance from national, local, and Hyatt Regency New Orleans officials.
Hyatt COVID-19 Update
In response to the dynamic COVID-19 situation, Hyatt Regency New Orleans has implemented new guidance, procedures, and practices for guests. (See the full coronavirus statement here.)
- Following medical expert guidance to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, face masks or coverings may be required in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas, based on local or national mandates or guidance. For specific guidance, contact the hotel directly.
- In light of recent CDC and AHLA guidance, and after considerable review, Hyatt has updated its face coverings mandate for fully vaccinated guests and colleagues at Hyatt hotels in the US. Learn more.
- Public areas may include hotel lobbies, elevators, meetings, and events spaces when guests are not seated and socially distanced, restaurants and bars, and fitness centers. Some guests may be exempt from this mandate, including but not limited to, guests with medical conditions, guests consuming food or beverages in restaurants, guests who are seated outdoors and socially distant, meetings and events guests who are seated and socially distant, and children under the age of two (2). Contact the Hyatt for more information.
DSA COVID-19 Update
DSA considers the safety of all those onsite at DSA Engage 2021 as its top priority and will implement these measures:
- Registration has been redesigned to avoid lines
- Floor graphics will ensure proper social distancing with the recommended 6-foot spacing
- Attendees will self-monitor daily for symptoms and if their temperature is over 100, attendees will stay in their room and contact a conference hotline and health care provider.
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals
- Masks are encouraged
- DSA will provide a reusable mask
- Attendees may also bring their own masks
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the meeting space
- You may also bring your own personal sized hand sanitizer
In partnership with Hyatt Regency New Orleans, DSA will be providing:
- Responsible seating and barriers for meeting spaces
- Appropriate signage and floor decals to reinforce spatial distancing and other safety reminders
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY COMMITMENT
By attending DSA Engage 2021, you agree to abide by and engage in certain health-and-safety-beneficial conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, self-monitoring daily temperatures, wearing a mask in public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing, and not attending an event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
DSA will report any major transportation or travel announcements that impact DSA Engage 2021 on its website.
To see what action TSA is taking in response to COVID-19, go here.
To see what major US airlines are doing in response to COVID-19, go to their websites:
These requirements are subject to change.